Equinox HIT speaking at Healthcare Design Conference + Expo 2022
We are pleased to announce that Teal Heath will speak in an educational session at the upcoming Healthcare Design Conference + Expo held October 9-11, 2022, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
We hope to see you there! Please take advantage of discounted early registration through Sunday, July 17th.
Association of Medical Facility Professionals (AMFP) members save 10% with code AMFP10.
Nursing Institute for Healthcare Design (NIHD) members can apply for a scholarship that includes a full conference registration + a $1000 travel & hotel stipend. The online application must be submitted by 11:59 pm (EST) on August 9, 2022. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Session Number: E40 How to Boost IT Program Management Performance in Healthcare Facility Design
Date and Time: Sunday, October 09, 2022: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (CT)
• Bert Chancellor, Director, Technical Services, Loma Linda University Health
• Darlynn Willy MSN, RN, Director, Strategic Program Management Office, Loma Linda University Health
• Kelly Guzman MN, RN, EDAC, President & CEO, Yellow Brick Consulting, Inc.
• Teal Heath FACHE, RN, PMP, Principal, Equinox Healthcare IT, Inc.
A significant risk to a new healthcare facility is the volume and integration required for planned equipment and systems to be built, tested, and functional. The evolving and complex healthcare technology within healthcare design exposes a need for specialized healthcare IT (HIT) program management. The individual(s) managing HIT must have the knowledge necessary to represent the IT department in navigating tasks required for activation. This multidisciplinary speaker team will share a modern approach for healthcare construction and IT project management. They’ll share tools, required resources, best practices, and lessons learned through their experiences activating multimillion-dollar healthcare construction projects. This information will equip the project and HIT leaders with resources as they prepare for activation.
Facilities and Project Management
• Identify key inputs necessary to develop a plan for information and communication technology systems for a healthcare facility project.
• Understand the IT department’s responsibilities required during each phase of the construction timeline.
• Define the required project team members and their roles and responsibilities during the transition and activation planning process.
• Obtain best practices and lessons learned documents for application in future projects.